At the end of each month, I link up with Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky to review all the things I learned in the given month.
This link up is quickly becoming one of my favorite posts to write. Mainly because I’m too darn introspective for my own good…
And also because I’m really funny – You guys just don’t get to see that side of me very often. (Me smiling here.)
So here’s September’s stab at being funny and random and totally itemized.
May you laugh out loud…
1. No matter how clean you think your house is, if one flea bites your ankle, you can bet your buttons that there are 1,000 other fleas hiding out, waiting to pounce on every inch of your flesh…
Which leads me to this little known fact….
2. Flea eggs can lay dormant for 120 days before emerging from their cozy little nests. Now you know. You’re welcome.
3. When someone reaches across a table to touch my arm before speaking a bit of truth, I am disarmed and more inclined to listen, respond, and repent when necessary. A kind touch, as well as a kind word, turns away my own wrath.
4. Leonardo Dicaprio still has IT.
He’s old and so Titanic-ish, but in The Great Gatsby, he still has the crinkley-eyed, tanned skin, pinky-ringed IT Factor.
I’m in love with another man and his name is Gatsby.
5. I can cut my own hair, with one fractured wrist, and it still looks as awesome as it did 6 months ago when I last had it cut and styled…Oh yeah…I’ve been cutting and styling my own hair since June 2011.
6. Five minutes may be all you need to give others the permission to say, “Me too.”
7. Hormones are not to be trusted. PMS 101.
8. I don’t know how to let others serve me…even with one arm in a sling.
9. I am only capable of reading one book at a time. When 8 books are stacked on my nightstand, I feel the urge to rush through the one in my hands. And An Arrow Pointing to Heaven is not a book to be rushed. It is meant to be savored.
10. In my dreams, in my closet, and over every morning cup of joe, I Am A Runner.
I. Am. A. Runner.
Someone should tell my legs and my feet…
So there you have it.
Random awesomeness, all typed with one hand and 2 fingers from my left hand.
And now I shall hide away until October 1, when I invite you to join me in The Nester’s 31 Days of writing. Last year, I wrote on 31 Days of Grace in which I wrote my story, the good, the bad, and the redeemed parts. Much to my surprise, you guys liked it. You really, really liked it.
Next week, I’ll write on 31 Days to Change Your World. A month ago I was excited to begin this journey with you. Today, I’m feeling a bit anxious and out of place. So if you have a minute, please whisper a prayer for clarity and TIME to write.